New Lowe's store opens today in Windsor, Ontario
Lowe’s Canada celebrates the opening of its 68th Lowe’s store in Canada
Boucherville, QC – October 18, 2018 – Lowe’s Canada opened today its 68th store under the Lowe’s banner in Canada. Located at 7350 Catherine Street in Windsor, Ontario, this new store marks the second Lowe’s location in the greater Windsor area and the 41st in Ontario. It represents a local investment in excess of $21.6 million and created 75 new permanent jobs with an additional 80 seasonal roles.
“The response to our Lowe’s offering in the greater Windsor area is excellent and we are thrilled to bring Lowe’s exciting shopping experience to even more customers in the region,” said Guy Beaumier, Executive Vice-President, Lowe’s Big Box Retail. “We strive to become the No. 1 choice of Canadians for home improvement projects, big or small, and we are happy to keep growing our network with this new store so we can help even more Canadians love where they live.”
The Lowe’s Windsor East store features a retail offering space totaling more than 117,600 square feet, including 93,800 square feet of retail sales space and a 23,800 square feet adjacent garden centre. To meet customers’ every home improvement needs, the store offers 40,000 products in-stock with thousands more available through special order and on www.lowes.ca.
A Unique Customer Experience
The new Lowe’s Windsor East will offer a unique and exciting retail experience, including:
- An extensive assortment of top-of-the line appliances, including LG, Samsung, Bosch, Kitchen Aid, Frigidaire, Whirlpool and GE.
- A year-round selection of BBQ’s including top brands such as Weber, Broil King, Char Broil and Master Forge.
- A wide assortment of seasonal products for Halloween, holidays, patios, etc. (i.e. the latest fashion trends in patios, great selection of outdoor heating, etc.)
- A variety of snow blowers, and other outdoor power equipment items in brands such as John Deere, Cub Cadet, Husqavarna, Craftsman and Lowe's exclusive Kobalt brand.
- A broad selection of fashion plumbing i.e. tubs, showers, toilets, vanities, sinks and faucets with high profile brands such as Kohler and Grohe.
- An extensive assortment of stylish home and outdoor décor, and home organization products for the house and garage.
- A wide range of building materials, power and hand tools to meet the needs of DIYers and contractors alike.
- Access to more than 100,000 products on www.lowes.ca
Today, local dignitaries and Lowe’s executives joined employees from the store to celebrate the grand opening with an official board cutting ceremony and community grant presentation. Lowe’s Canada donated $5,000 to the Street Help Homeless Centre of Windsor to support renovations and the food bank’s replenishment.
Grand Opening Events
Grand opening activities for the new store, where customers can enjoy free sessions, giveaways and contests, will continue until Monday. These include:
- Children’s Workshop for families on Saturday, October 20 at 10 a.m.
- Live in-store radio remote with CKLW AM 800 on Saturday, October 20, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. and a draw to win a 250$ Lowe’s gift card and a small appliance.
- Giveaways including: 5 L Pro-Mix potting soil (first 100 customers, Thursday only); Bosch 32‑piece screwdriver bit set (first 200 customers, Friday only); $25 Lowe’s gift card (first 150 customers, Saturday only) and a Lowe’s white water bottle (first 100 customers, Sunday only).
- Customers can also enter to win 1 of 5 grand prizes.
- Contractor exclusive VIP event on Monday, October 22 from 12 to 2 p.m. There will be a draw to win 1 of 3 $250 Lowe’s gift cards and contractors can fill out a ballot to win 1 of 4 tool prizes. To register, contractors can call the store at 519.251.4741 and ask to speak with the Contractor Specialist to request an invite.